- Be a registered voter in Polk County.
- Read and write the English language.
- Be able to work a 14-plus hour day without leaving the polling location.
- Be able to lift 15 to 30 lbs and endure standing or sitting for a prolonged period.
- Have transportation to the polling location and training.
- Successfully complete mandatory training before each election.
- Remain nonpartisan while at the polls.
- Be present on Election Day from 6 am until all work is complete after the closing of the polls at 7 pm.
- Deal with the public in a courteous, efficient, and patient manner.
By law, all election workers are to complete training before each election and receive payment for satisfying the requirement.
- Election Workers are an extension of the Supervisor of Elections Office, which is a nonpartisan office. It is strictly prohibited to provide information, advice, or comments about candidates or issues while serving as an election worker.
- Election Workers are not guaranteed to work each election or at the same precinct or position. Though we try to assign Election Workers to their preferred polling place, Election Workers must be willing to work at a nearby location if needed.
if you would like to register to attend an election worker info MEETING, click here, call us at 863-534-5888, or e-mail ELECTIONWORKER@POLKELECTIONS.COM.